March 13, 2017- As Leicester firefighters were returning from a mutual aid run in Spencer A hurried dispatch came out for a reported building fire at 1103 Main Street. While crews were responding it was updated to be a dryer fire in the Laundromat.
Engine 2 happened to be passing by on their way to quarters and was first on scene. Local ambulance crews also stopped to assist until other companies arrived. Crews from Paxton and Spencer also assisted. Crews found the dryer fire had extended into the walls. As companies opened up down stairs companies checked the offices and apartments above for extension.